Strengthening and Diversifying the Clergy
In order to have a stronger and sustainable Clergy, it must be diverse. Our goal is to include all people, men and women with diverse backgrounds, as equal partners in the Church, as they already are in the eyes of God. Here are some of the questions this Focus Group is exploring:
- How can we include women in highly visible diocesan-wide leadership roles? How can we increase women’s voices and their votes in matters of church governance?
- How can we address the diminishing number of clergy and seek a way forward by encouraging women and men called to serve in the Church?
- We aim to promote discussions between laity and clergy about women serving in the diaconate and married men and women serving as priests.
- How do we work with the diocese to better understand the attitudes of the laity about a variety of church issues, and how the laity can help support the priests in every parish, through surveys and active listening sessions?
CONSIDER GETTING INVOLVED WITH CCOC TODAY!
CCOC invites you to join over 1,000 other CCOC members to find your own voice in our Church!
Please use the Contact Form below to register with us and become a part of a movement to make positive changes in our Church.
(NOTE! CCOC appreciates and values your privacy. Your contact information will NOT be shared with or sold to anyone.)
Please use this form to:
- Indicate interest in participating in CCOC and the work we are doing
- Indicate a specific Focus Group or Groups you are interested in joining
- Join our email and mailing lists to receive periodic updates sent to all members about what is happening within CCOC as well as sharing other pertinent news
- Submit questions or comments
CCOC Registration / Contact
Public Statement on FIRST Anniversary of the Release of the PA Grand Jury Report