This Focus Group is seeking answers to many questions in our desire to achieve greater financial transparency within our Church. Here are some of the questions we are working on:
- How transparent are the entities under which the diocese operates? Are the boards governing those operations acting as truly fiduciary bodies?
- Are the Financial Management Best Practices established by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops adhered to by our diocese? Are there best practices in place in other dioceses in the United States that should be brought to Pittsburgh?
- Financial transparency requires independent, lay oversight of financial functions. Currently, if a bishop or pastor appoints a member to a financial council, this is not achieved. How can we change this?
- How does the diocese compare with other dioceses in terms of financial transparency? Are there things that we can do in Pittsburgh to improve financial transparency?
- Given the current amount of claims brought to the diocese related to the sex abuse cases, shouldn’t the laity, who have contributed cash and property to the Church, know exactly where the money is coming from to settle these claims and how much has been spent?
CONSIDER GETTING INVOLVED WITH CCOC TODAY!
CCOC invites you to join over 1,000 other CCOC members to find your own voice in our Church!
Please use the Contact Form below to register with us and become a part of a movement to make positive changes in our Church.
(NOTE! CCOC appreciates and values your privacy. Your contact information will NOT be shared with or sold to anyone.)
Please use this form to:
- Indicate interest in participating in CCOC and the work we are doing
- Indicate a specific Focus Group or Groups you are interested in joining
- Join our email and mailing lists to receive periodic updates sent to all members about what is happening within CCOC as well as sharing other pertinent news
- Submit questions or comments
CCOC Registration / Contact
Public Statement on FIRST Anniversary of the Release of the PA Grand Jury Report